Sunday, February 17, 2013

Every Party Has a Pooper

Tonight is one of those nights when I'm writing, and I don't know if it's making any sense. It feels satisfying to write, but the whole thing could sound like a joke tomorrow. But...oh well. 

I've decided blog/internet surfing is so bad for me. I have now learned three things:

1) My blog needs some work. Ok, a lot of work.
Turns out, starting a blog is easier said than done. It's hard to find something interesting to write about, and make the writing interesting, and to be yourself in your writing (at least it is for me. Hopefully that will change). AND, it's time consuming.

2) I have lots of new ideas I want to try....
Sewing, recipes, things to write about, what style of writing I want to use on my blog, etc. Basically I've just gained some  excited "motivation" to do a bunch of these things. But...then comes  #3. In this case, three is not the lucky number. It's the pooper. Every party has a pooper.

3) I don't have time to fix either of the first two problems.

This lovely ray of "motivation" (for lack of a better word) loves to come pounding on my door at 12 o'clock at night saying, "Wakee Wakee, I have an awesome but inconvenient idea for you!" Ugh. THIS is our love hate, relationship.

If I had time, a car, money, and a license, I would go to JoAnn's and buy myself some fabric to make a Maxi Skirt. I'd go to D.I. and buy old cheap stuff and fix them up to make myself a new cheap wardrobe. I'd read books, and write for a couple hours a day. I'd find some cool online classes, and enjoy learning about things I care about, just for fun.

Luckily, tomorrow is President's day which means NO SCHOOL! Woot, woot. Honestly, that's only exciting because that means I have that much more time to do stuff. I'm even thinking about getting up early anyway so I can get things done early in the morning, and then have the rest of the day to mess around. But by the time the morning comes, the motivation turns into "Sleepy, Sleepy, nevermind, I don't want to anymore." 

But for now, I'll make a list of my ideas and my to-do list, and hope that the ideas outweigh the desire to sleep in. 

-jannallred



   

No comments:

Post a Comment