Saturday, February 23, 2013

No Fear?


"Courage does not always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow." 
-Mary Anne Rachmacher

I love this idea already and I haven't even read through the blog. This girl on randomthoughtsbybloggerette.blogspot.com thought about doing a challenge and doing things that scared her daily. From the last post that wrapped everything up, it sounded pretty awesome, and I hope I can say the same things someday. This is just a little part of it:


"I've learned to stand up for myself and ask questions, even the hard ones. I've learned that dreams are limitless, and that the best friends are sometimes the quiet ones just waiting in the background for their opportunity to cheer you on and lift you up. Hugs heal and blogging, just like training puppies, is some of the cheapest therapy ever. I learned that saying no is not a bad thing and that taking time for yourself and doing absolutely nothing is okay!"

Then she followed it with some of her favorite pictures from her year's experiences. 


When I read this, one of my first reactions was to show it to my older brother who would eat it up. But then I thought better of it... I don't think he needs ANY encouraging to do something crazy. We're talking the kid that bought a "one-way-ticket" to China for a few months (not weeks, months), and couch-surfed on a random guy's couch until he could get an apartment. 


Also the same person that is co-founding a business called grasswire.com and is taking off to San Fransisco this summer to get that going. That doesn't sound so crazy until I tell you he's going there to live in a car. Yes, my friends, a car. San Fran's renting fees aren't as nice as little Utah's, and "Why pay the expense when you could just live in a car, shower at the gym, and do your laundry at a laundromat?" I know, it sounds illogical to me too. 


So obviously, Austy-Poo (my personal nickname for him) is a master at this concept. A wise master in a stupid way. 


Similar to the first idea, I saw a quote/question that said:
"What would you do if you knew you couldn't fail?"
Be Like This Flower! :)

It's a crazy thought. I'd go after all my long-stretched dreams: Travel the world doing something meaningful, be a good teacher, have a family, etc.

In a way, it's kind of the same thing.

But can't we always succeed at our dreams? Is there ever a time where it is literally impossible to succeed at something? I think as long as we're willing to be dedicated and work hard enough for our dreams, we'll reach them. But could this question have a catch like, "You won't fail, but you'll have to work killer hard to get it"? I guess it depends on how you look at it. 

Today/Tomorrow's Challenge:
 Try something you would only do if you knew you couldn't fail. 


Challenge accepted.

-Jannallred

No comments:

Post a Comment