Friday, April 5, 2013

E is for Edify

YAY! Guess what's this weekend? General Conference! General Conference is like Spiritual Christmas. My neighbor refers to it as "Pajama Church".

Don't know what General Conference is? It's basically a giant conference where all the members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints gather and listen to our prophet, apostles, and leaders. It's on TV, and you can watch it live or anytime at lds.org. There's two saturday sessions, and two Sunday, and a Priesthood meeting Saturday night for men age 12+. Listen to at least one prayer, one talk, and one song. If you don't feel anything, I'll think you're lying.

Even if you do or don't, the best thing to do for General Conference is prepare. President Uchdorf has a good talk on this. The main one I focus on is the first one. Conference is like Spiritual Revelation Christmas. My sister had to pray and decide on five questions to ask for a class, then listen for the answers in conference. Guess what. They ALL came. Now she's going on a mission in May because of it.

But seriously, the last time I prayed about what questions to ask, decided on the questions, and listened during conference, I got my answer, and knew that it was right. It'll help with career choices, family/marriage choices, extra-curricular choices, belief questions, anything and everything. I promise it works. Saturday at 10 and 2, Sunday at 10 and 2!

-Jannallred

No comments:

Post a Comment