Thursday, April 18, 2013

P is for Peanut Butter

So I ask my mom what I should blog about today..... "Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches, and why they're the best lunch. Do some research on peanuts." Haven't I ever told you my family is all about learning things? Hence:

Your Daily Unnecessary Facts About PB

  • The average American child will eat 1,500 peanut butter sandwiches by the time he or she graduates from high school. I will probably eat double that because PB&J is my comfort food.
  • Americans eat about 3 pounds of peanut butter per person each year, totaling about 500 million pounds... enough to cover the floor of the Grand Canyon.
  • Americans eat enough PB in a year to make over 10 billion sandwiches (~2 tbs. PB per sandwich)
  • Americans spend almost 800 million a year on PB
  • This year's consumption rate is expected to be enough 18 ounce jars to form a line 1 and one-third times around the world.
  • Nearly half of the US peanut crop is made into PB each year
  • World's Largest PB sandwich? 40' long, 150 pounds of PB and 50 pounds. (November 1993, in PA)
  • Kids and Woman like creamy, men like chunky
  • 96% put peanut butter on first
  • Peanuts are not a nut. Botanically classified as legumes, peanuts contain properties of both bean/lentil and tree nuts.
(peanutbutter.com   fun facts)



PB&J, cherry pie, Mac n' Cheese and my mom's homemade dinner rolls are probably my favorite comfort foods. I don't think my PB obsession started till I was at least in the double digit years. Reese's are probably my favorite candy too.

But PB can get old, am I right? But I just found 18 ways to eat peanut butter, from off of a spoon, to the extreme like in sushi. But some of these ideas look legitimately good:

http://www.seriouseats.com/2012/09/interesting-ways-to-use-peanut-butter-slideshow.html#

Well, I hope you're inspired to...eat some peanut butter. :)

-Jannallred

No comments:

Post a Comment