Thursday, April 11, 2013

J is for Julius

I LOVE orange Julius or fruit smoothies in general. Smoothies are a lot easier than you think. I never measure, just dump in what sounds good. Here's a general recipe.

Basic Fruit Smoothie:

  • Frozen fruit (whatever is in the freezer, but I love mangoes, strawberries, or mixed fruit)
  • Milk
  • Vanilla
  • Yogurt/ice cream
  • Sugar/tank drink mix
Just dump and measure till you have the consistency you want. If you aren't the dump in and don't measure type of person, allrecipes.com or food.com is the best for any recipe. It's easy to find a five star recipe for any type of food. Google is also genius. 

My favorite smoothie is probably an Orange Julius. They've been in my family since I was little. It's basically the same things as the list above. Here's an exact recipe from food.com.

Orange Julius:
  • 6 oz. frozen orange juice concentrate
  • 2 C milk
  • 1 C water
  • 1/4 C sugar
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 8 ice cubes
Strawberry Julius:
  • 1 C strawberry sliced (Fresh is good, but I use whole frozen strawberries too. Just use less ice)
  • 1/2 C milk
  • 1/4 C sugar
  • 1/2 or 2/3 tsp. vanilla (I like extra)
This one doesn't say you need ice, but if it's too runny, and a little ice to your preference. If you want to go for a little more healthy, you can put spinach in a basic fruit smoothie. It sounds nasty, and it might turn funny colors, but you can't even taste it. 

That's it for today.
-Jannallred

No comments:

Post a Comment